I LOVE road-building games; there is just something about seeing multiple continuous paths being formed, slowly and progressively, in segments and pieces. “Climb the Mountain Strategy Game” by Londji incorporates path-building into exciting mountain-climbing theme, together with other adorable elements (such as fairy and Yeti) that would guarantee a smile.
Why I love ❤️ this game: (1) A confession: I get a little nervous every time when I see a game with long instructions. “Climb the Mountain” is probably the most complex Londji game I have ever tried so far. We spent time reading and digesting the rules. The great thing is, once you have learnt the rules, the playing comes “naturally”. Included are 115 double-sided mountains pieces in equilateral triangle (forest, rock, and snow tiles), 5 mountaineer, 3 dice, and other tokens and interlocking pieces. We throw the dice, build a path, and move the climbers up. There are also provisions to accumulate along the way; grumpy bear, villainous snake, and scary Yeti to run away from; and fairy token to collect. The game is full of decision-making, strategising, forward-planning, and it takes 50 minutes (or more!) to complete. This is probably not a game for everyone (especially those that prefer something short and sharp), but our 6-year-old and this mumma are loving it.
(2) I love the “competitive plus cooperative” concept of this game. We race to be the first to reach the summit, but at the same time, we are required to make collective decisions, reach agreement, and work collaboratively to build the final path up the peak. There is a chance that all players might lose together. This game has some interesting life lessons for us to learn as a family.
(3) I love the quality and solid game components. The illustrations are, as per usual Londji standard, fun and whimsical. I love the cotton drawstring bag and sturdy storage box that keep everything neat and tidy. I love that Londji products are made in Spain, using FSC paper, recycled cardboard, beech wood from sustainable forests and water-based stains.
Londji Strategy Game for Kids
Once upon a time… there was a very high mountain that nobody had been able to climb. Who will be the first intrepid mountaineer to reach the summit?
In this strategy game for kids, players have to build a path together, overcome all the difficulties and reach the summit. The strategy game:
- encourages you to define strategies
- trains spatial awareness
- fosters decision making and the ability to reach agreements
- requires moves to be planned and anticipated
The Climb the Mountain Strategy Game contains 5 wooden characters, 3 wooden dice and 157 recycled cardboard components - all of which can be stored in the accompanying cotton drawstring bag and are presented with full play instructions in a sturdy gift-worthy box.
Londji Climb the Mountain Game Specifications
- Illustration - Can Seixanta
- Age - From 7 years old
- Materials - FSC paper, recycled cardboard, beech wood from sustainable forests and water-based stains
- Packaging - Sturdy cardboard box
- Number of players - 2-5
- Duration - 50 mins
WARNING! Not suitable for children under three years. Small parts. The CE marking guarantees that this Londji Toy meets the European Toy Safety Standard EN71. Our toys have successfully passed the most strict safety tests made by independent testing labs approved by the European Union authorities.
All orders are shipped within two business days after full payment is received.
Standard Delivery: 2 - 8 business days. Rate calculated at checkout.
Express Delivery: 1 - 4 business days. Rate calculated at checkout.
Click and Collect: We are now offering pick up services for online orders from our warehouse at Clik Collective, 15 Cochranes Rd, Moorabbin, Victoria, 3189. Orders are usually ready within 24 business hours after payment. You will receive an email when your order is ready for collection. Pick up will be available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday at the reception area of Clik Collective. Please bring your confirmation email when you come to collect your order. If you have any queries, please call 0416 153 097.
Please note that shipping times are a guideline and subject to change. You may experience slightly longer delivery times during peak periods, due to Covid-19, due to wild weather, or due to other courier delivery issues that are unforeseen or unavoidable events beyond our control.
Please note that Antipoda Co is not liable for any freight charges or taxes incurred by delivery, refused shipment or unclaimed goods.
Most standard orders will be shipped by Australia post. You can find the most up to date information and updates with Australia Post here.