As a mum, you deserve a space to unwind and recharge after a long day of taking care of your family. And what better place to do that than in a relaxing bedroom sanctuary? In this blog post, we're excited to bring you some amazing ideas from 5 of our favourite Mums on the gram - stylists, designers and digital content creators - who have styled and photographed their own tranquil spaces, featuring Garbo&Friends bedding.
Aimee Winchester, Tegan at Home&Ours, Melissa Barrat, Nathalia Crabtree and Mikayla Edmundson have used our beautiful bedding to create a peaceful ambiance in their bedrooms. From cozy blankets to soft pillows and sheets, we'll take you through different ways to layer your bedding for maximum comfort. We'll explore how different textures and colours can enhance the overall mood of your space. And we'll show you how you can add your own personal touch to your bedroom decor, making it a reflection of your unique style.
Our featured Mums offer their expert advice on how to create a calming and inviting space that is perfect for unwinding at the end of the day. So, whether you're looking to make a few small changes or embark on a complete bedroom makeover, you'll find inspiration and guidance in this ultimate guide to creating a relaxing sanctuary for you and your family.
Aimee Winchester, a talented digital content creator and a mother to five beautiful daughters, lives in Bangalow, in a beautiful house they recently built and decorated. Aimee has an eye for creating beautiful, calming spaces, and her bedroom is no exception. She believes that a bedroom should be a sanctuary where you can escape from the stresses of daily life and recharge.
Garbo&Friends Mimosa duvet cover, paired with Olive Muslin Fitted sheets and a combination of Mimosa and Olive Pillowcases.
"My style when it comes to decorating my bedroom is a combination of minimalism and earthy, warm tones, with a focus on creating a calm and relaxing atmosphere. A minimalistic approach to decorating as I prefer to keep things simple and uncluttered, with only a few carefully chosen items on display. This can help to create a sense of calm and order in my space, which is especially important for a bedroom where I want to be able to relax and unwind. Overall, my style is all about creating a space that feels calm and relaxing, with a focus on natural materials and colours."
Aimee shares her top tips for creating a calming bedroom that will help you relax and unwind after a long day. From selecting the right bedding to incorporating natural materials and textures, Aimee's tips are both practical and inspiring. We hope that you'll find her advice helpful as you work to create your own calming bedroom retreat.
- Declutter: A quick and easy way to refresh your bedroom is to declutter and organise. Take a few minutes to remove any unnecessary items from your space and create a sense of order. This can help to make your bedroom feel more spacious and relaxing.
- Invest in quality bedding: Investing in high-quality bedding can make a big difference in the look and feel of your bedroom. I always try to choose natural material and choose bedding that is comfortable and durable. After all, we spend one third of our life in bed.
- Layer textiles: Even in a minimalist space, layering different textiles can help to add warmth and texture to your bedroom. Add a cozy throw blanket, a few plush pillows, or a soft rug to create a cozy and inviting feel. Stick to natural materials like wool, cotton, and linen for a cozy, yet minimalistic look.
Nathalia Crabtree, digital creator and photographer who captures stunning visuals with a keen eye for detail, lives by the sea in the South Coast of WA with her three children and her husband.
Nathalia's calming and Scandinavian style incorporates a neutral colour palette with soft patterns and layers of different textures to add interest and comfort. With her expert eye for design, Nathalia creates a serene atmosphere in her bedroom that perfectly complements her coastal surroundings. The design philosophy of her beach house and bedroom is about creating a peaceful and cosy space that feels like a retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life."I hope my style is classic and simple. One that isn’t followed too much by trends but of what I love", she says.
Nathalia's tips for styling a calming bedroom are both practical and inspiring:
- Bring Calm: For me, it's all about bringing some calm to the space. Like with this beautiful Garbo and Friends bedding. It’s so soft and timeless. It’s my little haven away from the business of a house full of little kids.
- Keep it Minimal: I love keeping it reasonably minimal and with a neutral colour palette. Soft patterns and layers in different textures brings a bit of interest and comfort.
- Simplicity is key: I always try to have a simple wooden bed so that I can switch up the bedding in any colour too!
Tegan at Home&Ours
Tegan Constable, a talented content creator and stylist from the picturesque South Coast of NSW, lives with her husband and adorable daughter in a seaside cottage that exudes warmth and charm.
Garbo&Friends Imperial Cress fitted sheet and pillowcases in percale cotton and Olive duvet cover and matching pillowcases in muslin cotton.
Tegan's love of neutral tones, natural materials, and vintage finds creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere in her home. She describes her style as "vintage coastal cottage, we try to keep things timeless and neutral in all areas of our home whilst still playing with some modern pieces".
With her expert eye for design, Tegan shares her tips and tricks for creating a calming, comforting bedroom that you'll love coming home to:
- Layers, layers, layers: Nothing says dreamy like a bed with layers. Lots of pillows, soft linens and always a throw draped at the end of the bed.
- Play with texture: We love incorporating different textures in our rooms. Using materials like soft linens, raw pottery, cosy rugs and rattan to add warmth and character to the space.
- Keep it neutral: Earthy neutrals are the perfect place to start when creating a relaxing bedroom environment. Play with texture and natural materials to compliment the look.
Mikayla Edmundson, a talented designer and product photographer hailing from the beautiful country of New Zealand, shares her unique perspective on how to create a warm and inviting bedroom that reflects her love for minimalism.
Garbo&Friends Dogwood Double Quilt
With a keen eye for simplicity, Mikayla creates a serene atmosphere that is perfect for escaping the stresses of everyday life. For her, the bedroom is a place to indulge in quiet moments of relaxation and reflection. Mikayla's approach to decorating her space is bright and airy, minimalistic, and effortlessly chic.
"I love having a light, simplistic and cosy feel in our home and especially my bedroom. It’s my little place to escape and I love being able to go in there and have a coffee and minute to myself and come out feeling calm"
We are excited to share her expert tips on how to transform your bedroom into a haven of tranquillity:
- Keep it simple: I love having an uncluttered room as it give a sense of calm…which we all need as Mama’s right.
- Add candles always! They are so beautiful when lit and adds such a beautiful warmth to the room.
- Layer your bedding:I love having an extra quilt or blanket on the end of my bed.
Interior designer and decorator Melissa Barratt, based in an idillic coastal town of NSW, shares with us her tips on creating a warm and inviting home that reflects your personal style. With a love for soft organic, rustic interiors with a contemporary feel and Scandinavian design, Melissa's goal is to create a space that not only looks beautiful but also tells a story about the person who lives there.
"I love a home where you walk in and it instantly tells a story about the person that owns it," she says. Her style has evolved over the years, with a mix of Scandinavian and vintage vibes, but the focus has always been on creating a warm and inviting space that feels like home.
In this post, Melissa shares some of her top tips for achieving this in your own bedroom:
- Your bedroom should be a place you come to at the end of the day to rest, relax and reset from your day.
- Your bed should be the focal point of your space. Dress it with beautiful bed linen adding layers, texture and softness.
- Team with beautiful bedside tables and warm lighting to create a space you don’t want to leave.
We hope you enjoyed these inspiring ideas from our featured mums, on creating a relaxing bedroom sanctuary with Garbo&Friends bedding. From decluttering and investing in quality bedding to layering textures and playing with natural materials and colours, these tips and tricks are sure to help you transform your bedroom into a calming oasis that you'll look forward to retreating to at the end of a long day. Remember, taking care of yourself is important, and creating a peaceful space to unwind is a great way to practice self-care. So go ahead, get creative, and make your bedroom a place of comfort and relaxation.